Vita (latin for “life”) isn’t a band really, but will be a collection of projects, mostly acoustic. These are things on which I might play guitar, banjo, dobro, and sometimes do the recording engineering and mixing.
Some brief liner notes:
- A New Day Waltz is a nice piece composed by Allen Samelson. This is a covid record-at-home project, where we never saw each other during the process. Allen and I made a scratch track and sent it out, everybody recorded their parts and sent them back to me, and I put it together and mixed it. Instrumentation is:
- Allen Samelson – mandolin
- Liz Klute – guitar
- Dave Bullen – acoustic bass
- Amy Guiang – violin
- Jerry Fiddler – dobro
- Big Country (solo) is an audition that I prepared for Bela Fleck’s banjo camp that, sadly, never happened because of covid. It’s a piece by Bela Fleck. This is a short version because of the audition restrictions.
- Peaches and Cream is the second audition for the same camp. It’s a wonderful piece by Alan Munde.